Just a quick introduction

A place to report a new allegation.
Right Fighter

Re: Just a quick introduction

Post by Right Fighter » Wed Jan 20, 2016 2:48 pm

The previous allegations and subsequent NG verdicts, and that she went back to live with her alleged rapist will speak volumes even to a half hearted jury, should there be a charge.

Hold on in there.

colinward

Post by colinward » Wed Jan 20, 2016 7:15 pm

I would like to point out that the "claimant" (not alleged victim) having to wait is of absolutely not interest to you, whatsoever. She lied. She is putting herself through this. And whereas she will be entitled to support from "victim services", will have people to contact, will have the case fully explained to her, will have the decision for explained to her...

...you get nothing.

Don't take that crap. She is an "alleged" victim. You are an ACTUAL victim - just like any of your family or friends supporting you who are really worried about you. She shows no remorse for her lies..........

...........oh it makes me so angry.

farmer42

Post by farmer42 » Fri Jan 22, 2016 8:26 pm

I spoke to OIC earlier in week he said 100% by Friday (today) i will know if he doesn't ring me i should ring him at 12pm so no call so i rang the police station asked to be put through to the oic they said he's not answering his radio mobile or office phone but he's working until 4pm we left a message he will ring you back, 3:15pm came no call so i phoned back spoke to someone different they said they tried all his lines no answer, and then said he's on police training day! I explained my frustration of being on bail 13 months for one allegation and that he promised today i will get an answer she was very nice said sorry when not really her fault and said let me try again she put me on hold and then 4 minutes later returned to tell me he was now off sick today but she spoke to his office and they said CPS has still not sent case back. To add to this he has missed out crucial evidence like someone who saw me walk home the night i allegedly stayed at the accusers house and also texts on my phone proving there key witness is a lier the key witness being my mum, but he said well you know mums they will say anything when its there kids involved but they happily took a statement of her against me. The system is so corrupt really is shocking heart braking you really are guilty until proven innocent. I have a girlfriend pregnant with my first child and we have had to deal with this. I know people say it all the time but in innocent and losing so much hope and faith

colinward

Post by colinward » Sat Jan 23, 2016 3:25 pm

I am sorry to say that all that could ever be done to redress the balance...would be to impart this experience onto those who inflict it upon us. People genuinely do not understand the mental and physical pressure it puts one under for such a long time, and all too easily dismiss it as "oh well if you really ARE innocent what have you to worry about?" But the limbo is what is even worse.

farmer42

Post by farmer42 » Sun Jan 24, 2016 4:08 pm

No one knows what its like until it happens to them, so easy to accuse so hard to disprove. Thanks Colin

colinward

Post by colinward » Sun Jan 24, 2016 6:35 pm

Well hang in there! And do keep us updated.

Feelsodepressed

Post by Feelsodepressed » Mon Jan 25, 2016 12:31 pm

Hi all

Just a quick introduction

I have been accused of rape but it was consensual sex I won't go into detail, my life feels like it isn't worth living! I have gave my interview to the police I am waiting for a response..

I don't know what to do

colinward

Post by colinward » Mon Jan 25, 2016 3:22 pm

Hello Feel

Did you have a solictor with you when you were interviewed? If not, or if they were just a duty solicitor, if you have the means to get one then get a criminal solicitor lined up and brought up to speed. Do not engage in any more interviews without a solicitor present no matter how nice or friendly anyone might seem.

I assume this is one of those "cry rape" cases because you fell out or argued AFTER the event and this is some kind of revenge (sometimes, who knows that they do it?)

Bear the following in mind:
You confirmed that you had sex, which is good.
They will then need to provide evidence to the contrary OR evidence that the claimant was legally unable to provide consent.
The burden of proof is still on them.

Go and see your GP. Tell them how you are feeling and WHY. Remember that the conversation is confidential but having it recorded that you were feeling so low is important. It makes a formal record of the effects on your mental health. That means that in the future if you have to claim how badly it effected you (mental health, PTSD) and someone doubts it, you can confirm you felt so bad you needed medical help. You have nothing at all to lose.

Who else knows about what has happened?

(I recommend you start your own topic too, so this one doesn't get lost).

Feelsodepressed

Post by Feelsodepressed » Mon Jan 25, 2016 4:43 pm

I have started a new topic.

Please help me.

michno8

Post by michno8 » Sat Jan 26, 2019 3:29 am

Where else to go from here .
I wonder if you can give me some advice please . A close family member is appealing against historical abuse allegations to which he was found guilty and imprisoned. The new legal team is going to go down the route of misrepresentation by the first team but has warned us that this won't be easy .we have gathered evidence since the trial to prove his innocence but as this evidence could have been got at the time of the trial it is not going to be able to be used as new evidence. If the QC doesn't believe after speaking with the original team he can put a case of law together that would be successful will that be the end of the line . Is there nothing at all we can do . Any advice would be very much appreciated . Thankyou