A place to report a new allegation.
farmer42

Re: Just a quick introduction

Post by farmer42 » Mon Jan 18, 2016 2:50 pm

I finish work at 5pm i could i send all info then if you like

Right Fighter

Post by Right Fighter » Mon Jan 18, 2016 2:56 pm

it's possible given they hadn't had much to go on apart from her "statement". Hold on in there.

colinward

Post by colinward » Mon Jan 18, 2016 4:05 pm

HI Farmer

Have you been charged yet, or is your bail pre-charge? If it is in pre-charge bail there is absolutely nothing you can do about it, other than be a total pain in the arse. This issue of extended pre-charge bail has been discussed in parliament and they were supposed to be putting limits on it with a new law. I don't know if that is in place yet. I suggest writing to your MP because I wrote to my MP, the Home Sec and the Idiot Gove over the issue and the more hassle they get on this issue the better.

farmer42

Post by farmer42 » Mon Jan 18, 2016 4:48 pm

It is pre charge bail has been since 18th of Jan 2015 and i have only had one interview

colinward

Post by colinward » Mon Jan 18, 2016 6:12 pm

A friend of mine went through something similar last year, and was on pre-charge bail for virtually 12 months. It's horrific, and completely wrong. It's also not supposed to be happening any more.

Anyway, it has nothing at all to do with your case. The CPS are just so incompetent that you file will probably just be sitting waiting to be reviewed, so don't take it as any sign of the strength/weakness of the case. Put the pressure on by contacting the officer in charge. Contact the head of the police force. They will ALL tell you it is the CPS and not them - don't accept that as a fob off. Be annoying as hell.

Having been there I do understand how it squishes your psychology up completely. But take a deep breath, remember that you are (no matter what anyone says) still legally an innocent person and it is incumbent on THEM to prove otherwise. And a YEAR??? A YEAR??? Totally wrong, cruel and necessary.

So, I would suggest, email the OIC politely once. Let them fob you off. THEN, reply and CC in the most senior Officer your can in your local force. You will be fobbed off again. Then Email all these fob offs back to OIC, copying in head of police, complaints people in the CPS, and your local MP. Remain entirely polite, of course, but make it clear you're going to be a pain in the ass until THEY move this forward. It is highly unlikely it is anything to do with the police, but they will get so sick of you they might start begging the CPS to sort it out!

Also, if you want, I can tell you more about the actual replies I got from my MP very recently with regards to the Pre-charge bail issue.

farmer42

Post by farmer42 » Tue Jan 19, 2016 2:16 pm

Thanks for that info i have contacted the OIC and he said cps wanted more info should decide soon so just have to wait i guess.

colinward

Post by colinward » Tue Jan 19, 2016 4:10 pm

That's good to hear. But don't wait too long. Next time you phone, ask for a time-scale. They won't want to give you one, but see if you can squeeze one out of them.

farmer42

Post by farmer42 » Tue Jan 19, 2016 6:28 pm

So i phoned again today he said that by 12pm Friday he will 100% have an answer for me. And if he has not phoned by then i should phone him. Scared is an understatement.

colinward

Post by colinward » Wed Jan 20, 2016 2:03 am

Yes, it is scary. I can remember the day I finally got the all clear, not because I felt any particular difference, but because someone else commented "have you just got some good news?". I had no idea how much it had affected me.

Put it this way, if they are going to charge you they have to rearrest you. If he's currently talking about "gimme a call" ... it just doesn't sound like a case they are taking seriously...in the sense that...it's not the kind of thing you say to someone you GENUINELY think is guilty of such a crime.

farmer42

Post by farmer42 » Wed Jan 20, 2016 2:26 pm

He also said that i need to understand that the alleged victim has had to wait as well and that she has been asking what's happening. Which made me think that he believes her lies. Just can't believe someone can make things up like this she's today back living with her husband she accused of rape (he was found not guilty) she's lost all her kids made my dads life hel by the same lies never worked just claims to be ill. At least 11 people she's accused to date. And the police do nothing there's never any repercussions on her so she will carry on doing it.