General Advice

A place to report a new allegation.
chihuahuamama

General Advice

Post by chihuahuamama » Wed Jul 01, 2015 11:52 am

Having just been through a horrendous court case where my nephew was found not guilty of rape (after almost 2 years of hell) I have some general advice for people. There is a line between caution and paranoia, but this has happened to people I love and I have seen how so called evidence can be present ed in court. And how they can use innocence to your disadvantage . In my nephews case he hadn't even met the girl let alone raped her! It was a schoolgirl crush and tall tales that got out of hand. And because she was vulnerable as she was autistic, HER phone was found to be filled with indecent images of male and female genitals. Nothing of ANY kind was found on my nephews. She had contacted lots of boys and men for sexual pics yet that and questioning her about it was forbidden. So I advise anyone 1) think twice about who you share information with online and WHAT you post. Could it be used to demonstrate a bad character if taken out of context? 2) keep a diary! It doesn't need to be a lengthy journal but if someone says in a years time you assaulted them in June of this year you can check your diary and say I was at home or I was working, eating out (bank statement for payment at restsursnt) it was my daughters birthday and we were in all day etc etc. It may seem ort but it could save you months of misery if you have a better answer than "I don't know". Be kind and helpful but never put yourself in a potentially dangerous situation where it can come back and haunt you. Allegations like this on innocent people destroy lives. I've been on the other end of the scale when someone close to me was raped and it couldn't be proven. These vile liars not only destroy innocent Poole AND their families lives and damage them permanently, they also make it harder for A REAL rape victim to report and convict. Most of those falsely accused are disgusted at the mere thiught of doing something like that so to be accused of it is horrific. If you have children social services are involved, the school may be informed, neighbours Curtis n's twitch as police ransack your house and walk away with all your IT and communication equipment. It's vile. Heartbreaking and the whole family feel as if their home and their lives are not their own.

toby

Re: General Advice

Post by toby » Wed Jul 29, 2015 6:10 am

Any helpline phone no?

jim
Site Admin

Post by jim » Sat Aug 01, 2015 2:47 pm

Yes - if you email them, they'll call you.

ivan

Post by ivan » Fri Aug 07, 2015 5:52 am

jim wrote:Yes - if you email them, they'll call you.
Thanks for info jim :D