Right to be forgotten

Do you need help from other members now? Remember that no one who posts in here can give you legal advice.
Rik

Right to be forgotten

Post by Rik » Wed Feb 22, 2017 9:14 pm

Following my acquittal last year I tried to use the "right to be forgotten" laws to have the links to the newspaper article (published when I was charged) removed. There was no corresponding "found not guilty" article published. I got nowhere on my own, so ended up employing a reputational lawyer to pursue the matter (£3000+)

Unfortunately, although google have now removed the original links, instead they provide a link to a different website which has been set up in the US which lists the deleted links, so a search on my name still leads people to the allegations, but not to the acquittal. :cry:

FrostedShoe

Re: Right to be forgotten

Post by FrostedShoe » Tue Mar 28, 2017 12:43 pm

I always thought the law having a go at Google was stupid - talk about shooting the messenger. You should have the right to go after the source document, like this website mentioned - and at least have the press publish and update at the end of their articles.
At least then if someone googles your name it comes up with the most recent info rather than nothing.