New Member - first post - so glad I found this forum!!!

Do you need help from other members now? Remember that no one who posts in here can give you legal advice.
liedabout

New Member - first post - so glad I found this forum!!!

Postby liedabout » Wed May 31, 2017 11:07 pm

Hi everyone, I'm new to this forum and this is my first post. I am so glad I found you because, unless you've been falsely accused of sexual assault, charged, arrested, jailed, and put on trial for things you didn't do, no one, and I mean no one, has ANY idea of the horrific ordeal and toll it takes on a man's life, family, finances, psyche, reputation, and employment. I can't think of any worse miscarriage of justice than for an innocent man to be so grievously lied about and mistreated by police, prosecutors, and others that should do a full investigation before getting felony arrest warrants, incarcerate a man, and put him on trial. Thank God I was rightfully acquitted on all charges but many are not so fortunate.

My story is, sadly, much like many of you, I'm sure, otherwise you wouldn't be here either seeking the solace and advice of others who are likewise trying to cope in the aftermath. I hope to be an encouragement to others that are going through and will offer prayer support as that is what got me through the nearly 2 and a half year ordeal.

kernel pip

Re: New Member - first post - so glad I found this forum!!!

Postby kernel pip » Sat Jul 08, 2017 10:11 am

Hi,my experience mirrors yours.
Being wrongly and maliciously accused of a sexual assault is worse than being charged with murder.
If you are acquitted of murder you are innocent.
If you are found innocent of a false accusation of sexual assault, your good name is forever destroyed.
(1) There needs to be a register of those who have wrongly accused people.
(2) Wrongly accused should have the right to bring charges AND receive substantial damages.

Yes we understand these things should be investigated,however safeguards must be in place.
Just being CHARGED with a sexual offence is life changing, to the INNOCENT it could be life threatening.

kernel pip

Return to “Support”